LED Shirt and Skirt

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
r0yb0y72

LED Shirt and Skirt

Post by r0yb0y72 »

Hi, I'm new here and I'm going to a an Electric Party in 2 weeks and shopping for LED Clothing and found your site.
I didn't like the T-Shirts I've found with cheap looking displays on them so I want to add LED lights to my own Shirt and my wife needs an LED Skirt. I'd like to create something cool that matches.

I only have 2 weeks to pull this off before the party and I need to know what I need to buy and start ASAP.
I have some really cool ideas but if it's too much time I'll keep it simple.

I want to make a LED pattern on the back of my Vest that is Sound Activated to the Music. Kind of like your Tie Project but with more lights
I want the Skirt to have LED's around it and Sound Activated to the Music as well.
It would be really cool to have a Remote Control that Changes both our LED Color's or Patterns to Match or how about running lights around her skirt and onto my shirt like we are connected or in sync.
That got me thinking of making Belt's too where I press a button and it changes both our belt colors or patterns to match.

Let me know what you think and have any more ideas and what I should order to get this started ASAP.

Thank you for your time and this site! I love it!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: LED Shirt and Skirt

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

If you're new to programming and arduino, and you've only got 2 weeks, I think your best bet would be to adapt one of our existing demo projects. The tie project can easily be made with more lights, and you can sew it into any pattern you like.

Coordinating his & hers colors and patterns would be a challenge. You might do it with XBee radios, but that would definitely not be a 2-week beginner project.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”