Wireless multiple potentiometer controller

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ctclown

Wireless multiple potentiometer controller

Post by ctclown »

I have never worked with any of your stuff yet but it all seems very exciting. If I buy your
Adafruit ARDX - v1.3 Experimentation Kit for Arduino (Uno R3) - v1.3 kit would I learned how to do my next question?

What would I need to purchase to have a multiple potentiometer controller preferably wireless, so that my computer could receive A 0 to 127 , so I can control servos through my Digital work station? Do you have a tutorial to wire this up?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Wireless multiple potentiometer controller

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I don't think I understand the question. What would the pots be connected to? The arduino?
What are the servos connected to?
What is this "digital work station"? A computer, or something more?

ctclown

Post by ctclown »

First I would like to thank you so much for your help.

What would the pots be connected to? Yes. . . . the Arduino

I am thinking of purchasing the Adafruit ARDX - v1.3 Experimentation Kit for Arduino (Uno R3) - v1.3 with more potentiometers. would that work for me?

What is this "digital work station"? A computer, or something more?
Yes it would be connected to my computer with a program called Digital performer which can record midi data.

I have a program that can look at information like the info coming from a BANNED three controller and transform it into midi continuous control data that Digital performer can then use.
That information goes out to a midi controller card which in turn controls my servos.

So if the Arduino could put out the same signal that BANNED three controller can, with the potentiometers as my controlling input devices that would work perfectly for me.

I would even buy the Bluefruit EZ-Link - Bluetooth Serial Link & Arduino Programmer - v1.0, if it would work with the Uno R3. Wireless isn't that important to me at this time if it's easier to just use the Arduino Uno R3 through a serial connection.

I would also like to get into a Neopixel ring and was wondering if this beginning kid would have everything I need to connect it up? if not what what I need to purchase in order to use it with this kit? What I need a different power supply? and so on.

I would place the order today as long as no one need to get.
Thank you again for all your help
ctclown

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Everything you've described will work for you.
The eZ-Link will definitely work with the Uno. You might also consider the EZ-Link shield, which has a prototyping area where you can mount your pots, if you want to.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”