assembly of protoshield v6

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TomEggers

assembly of protoshield v6

Post by TomEggers »

I bought a starter kit and received it last Thursday. The "blink" and "Hello world" programs work just fine.

I'm trying to assemble the proto shield. It's board revision V6. I can't find a picture or other description of this revision anywhere on the Internet, and V6 is somewhat different from the earlier versions I can find.

Please refer me to a picture or description or detailed assembly instructions for V6.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: assembly of protoshield v6

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The V3 proto shield comes with stacking headers by default now, and the headers have 2 extra pins on each side to match the new Arduino R3 pinouts.

To accomodate the longer headers, one of the LEDs has been moved to the corner where the ICSP header was, and the ICSP header has been moved to the other end of the board.

I use these boards quite a bit for various projects, but I've never fully assembled one. I start with just the headers and add whatever components are actually required for the project. The rest go into the spare parts bin.

TomEggers

Post by TomEggers »

Thank you. Partial assembly seems reasonable, once you know what you are doing and what the various pieces are for. I'm a total newbie at this equipment, and it still looks to me like there are ambiguities on where some pieces should go. For example, one of the six-pin headers could go into any of three positions, given the two new PTHs, and I don't know which of those three positions is the correct one. That's only one example. A picture of a fully-assembled unit would be worth a thousand words. I did figure out that the red LED had moved, and it should go in the very corner.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

This is the basic configuration. There are other photos on the product description page:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2077

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”