Two Starter Packs... Pure Magic! (Thank you Ladyada!)

For makers who have purchased an Adafruit Starter Pack, get help with the tutorials here!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
phil.drummond

Two Starter Packs... Pure Magic! (Thank you Ladyada!)

Post by phil.drummond »

I ordered two Starter Packs, one for myself and one to "push" on a friend... to bolster some cooperative assistance.
(his programming-foo is so-way-better than mine :)
The build quality of the Duemilanove board I received is fantastic! Even if I don't have a clue how to pronounce "Duemilanove" :)
(I have been hand-assembling electronics for more than 30 years, it still amazes me that people will -pay- me to do that :)
The quality of the parts for the Proto-shield are top quality, the pc board is as close to art as you can get and still want to solder parts to it. Everything worked first-time, no snaps, everything. Everything!
The tutorial is the best part of it all, and it (the tutorial) is why I bought the Starter Kit in the first place! I read the tutorial and was sold, I had to have an Arduino! And it had to come from Ladyada :)

So, now I am off to the races with this thing and looking for a project.
My first idea is to connect my Aware Electronics RM-60 Geiger counter to the Arduino and make a field survey tool of some sort. Perhaps include a GPS shield to log the location of each sample. I use to do this with my HP-200lx, but it's become something of a collector's item so it does not get let outside these days. I would love to see another device as useful as an HP-200lx produced today :)

Thanks for reading!

Phil

adafruit

Re: Two Starter Packs... Pure Magic! (Thank you Ladyada!)

Post by adafruit »

yay go me and my team!

karlgg

Re: Two Starter Packs... Pure Magic! (Thank you Ladyada!)

Post by karlgg »

Yay, you! And those wacky Italians get a little HOO-rah, too. :wink:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Starter Pack”