Nintendo DSL digitizer does not work!!

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rahatmaini

Re: Nintendo DSL digitizer does not work!!

Post by rahatmaini »

I can post another picture showing the other side of the headers if you want

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I didn't use the standard headers that came with the breakout, I put in the ones that are long on both sides.
OK. Then contact [email protected] with a link to this thread and ask for a replacement.

rahatmaini

Post by rahatmaini »

I got my replacement unit Wednesday, it does not work :(

I plugged it in, used the provided code and I think this order MIGHT be faulty, here are some pics of the unit (note this is how it came in the box, I didnt not do anything to it, it has some weird glue on it too, and a scuff on the electric pads that go into the breakout board): http://sdrv.ms/Zrm03f (I have some pics of the breakout board too, but I think that is OK)

Please help :)

rahatmaini

Post by rahatmaini »

Here is a screenshot of the values I get (rarely I get ANY values)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (54.62 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Guys instead of getting ANOTHER replacement unit can I just ship this back to you (I really want you to look into it and improve it for the rest of your customers) and can you give me store credit for this and the breakout board?

I know I am probably asking for a lot ($12 store credit), but it would be nice of you guys :)

I really love this company, it saddens me to order replacements and I always pick the cheapest shipping option when I have to order replacements. I love what you guys do, without you, I would not have 80% of the Arduino gear I have.

Thanks, I hope you guys can spot a mistake, but I do not want another replacement unit, store credit is much nicer if you guys are feeling generous.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Sure. No problem. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
Email [email protected] with a link to this thread and ask for a refund.

rahatmaini

Post by rahatmaini »

Thanks so much! Knowing me, I will probably end up purchasing another breakout or digitizer, but Adafruit rocks! I can't say this enough, but you guys deserve that JD Customer Service award no doubt about it. I can not emphasize how many times you have shown such good support. Mind blown.

Do everyone a favor and stay the way you are, set an example for all those B list companies that could only dream of support like yours. Definitely recommending Adafruit to all my friends

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”