Webpage reload with CC3000?

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lweio

Webpage reload with CC3000?

Post by lweio »

Hi. I'm attempting to modify the WebClient.ino example sketch for the CC3000 wifi breakout board. In the example sketch, it makes a connection to a wifi network, loads a webpage, prints the page contents to the serial monitor, and disconnects after 3 seconds.

Instead of disconnecting, I would like to simply reload/refresh the contents of the webpage, and then print the page contents again (I'm using a different webpage than in the example. My page serves up new content upon reload.) Disconnecting from the network and reconnecting is not a viable workaround for me, due to the extra time it consumes.

Can anyone provide me with a snippet of code for page reload? Also, is there a reference document for the CC3000 library? All I can find as reference material are the example sketches and tutorials.

Thanks!

lweio

Re: Webpage reload with CC3000?

Post by lweio »

Issue resolved. If you know of documentation for the CC3000 library, please let me know. I'm not sure how a beginner is supposed to know what the custom functions from the library are designed to accomplish (for example, www.available() ). Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Webpage reload with CC3000?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The CC3000 is pretty close to the cutting edge of hardware, and the library is still being developed and debugged by people with a lot of skill and experience. We don't consider it beginner-level hardware or software at this point.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”