LED backpack library

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mh512

LED backpack library

Post by mh512 »

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-LE ... ck-Library

Can anyone tell me how large this library is please?

My arduino sketch is already "Binary sketch size: 27,576 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)" and I am worried this will be too much.

All it needs to display is a couple of smiley faces.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: LED backpack library

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Looks like it's a little over 4K. You can delete the parts of the .cpp file you don't need - that may help.

1chicagodave

Post by 1chicagodave »

How libraries affect the size of sketches may often vary depending on how they were written and how they are used.

My advice - Try it. If it's too large, remove it from the sketch* and figure out another way to do what you need. Or...remove parts that are unneeded, as Rick stated.

*(More specifically, I'd make a second copy of the sketch with a slightly different name and use that file to experiment with the library and try any other changes. If it works, start using that sketch. If it doesn't work....you still have the original copy.)

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Also, in a pinch, you could try adapting the Trinket 'Space Invader Pendant' code to the Uno or whatever board you're using:
http://learn.adafruit.com/trinket-slash ... ource-code

Replace all 'TinyWireM' occurrences with 'Wire' (the standard Wire library), and you can disregard all the power, sleep, interrupt and direct-register code.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”