2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino v2 problems with the touch

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aul12

2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino v2 problems with the touch

Post by aul12 »

Today i got the touch shield for use with my Arduino UNO, i stacked it on top of it, then i uploaded the graphicstest-example. But there were some errors during compilation, i read in the arduino forums (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=168854.0) that i have to delete the Robot_Control Directory, after i deleted it
everything worked flawless, next i tried to uploaded the touchpaint example, But the touch won't work. Now i don't know what to do if i copy the Robot_Control Directory back there are errors, and without it it won't work. I even don't know if the Problem is the missing Library or if something is brocken (both the arduino and the display are new)

adafruit_support_mike

Re: 2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino v2 problems with the t

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Robot control library doesn't contain anything you should need to run the TFT or touchscreen.

Are you getting errors when you try to compile the code, or are you just not getting any response from the touchscreen?

bplease555

Post by bplease555 »

I got my display today and I am facing the same problems is there a fix for this??????

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Delete the 'Robot_Control' folder from the Arduino IDE's default library tree (the filepath will be in the error messages), or drop back to Arduino 1.0.4, which doesn't have the problem.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”