ADS1115 Library example won't compile

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
raschemmel

ADS1115 Library example won't compile

Post by raschemmel »

I installed ads1015 Library and changed the folder name to "Adafruit_ADS1015"

and tried to compile the "singleended" example and I get thiese compiler errors:
C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=1000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105
-IC:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny -IC:\Program Files (x86)\arduino\libraries\Wire -IC:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_ADS1015 C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp\build1110814724047519314.tmp\comparator.cpp -o C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp\build1110814724047519314.tmp\comparator.cpp.o
In file included from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Stream.h:24,
from C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:26,
from comparator.pde:1:
C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Print.h:37:1: warning: "BIN" redefined
In file included from c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/iotn85.h:38,
from c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/io.h:284,
from c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:82,
from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Print.h:30,
from C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Stream.h:24,
from C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:26,
from comparator.pde:1:
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/iotnx5.h:55:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from comparator.pde:1:
C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:61: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual size_t TwoWire::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'
C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny/Print.h:75: error: overriding 'virtual void Print::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)'

adafruit_support_rick

Re: ADS1115 Library example won't compile

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Your target processor is a Trinket or Gemma? As far as I know, the library and examples have not been ported to run on those processors.

raschemmel

Post by raschemmel »

I am using an UNO.
I tried again today and it compiled without errors. I don't know why it didn't compile before. I'll wait until I get my ADS115 chip and test it with that if it works with no problems I'll close the ticket on this issue.

adafruit_support_rick

From the error log you posted, it looks like you had your board type set for Trinket or Gemma. It's attempting to use the ATtiny runtime - notice all the references to "C:\Users\Robert\Documents\Arduino\hardware\tiny\cores\tiny"

raschemmel

Post by raschemmel »

I guess I forgot to change it back after programming an ATtiny85. Thanks.

raschemmel

Post by raschemmel »

I received my ADS115 Breakout Bd. and tested it. It is working fine with no issues.
Thank you for your help.
We can close this ticket.

raschemmel

Post by raschemmel »

I thought my ads1115 was working ok when I tested it by connecting all 4 inputs to a single pot and the readings followed the pot adustment but when I tried measuring different voltages on the four inputs I discovered that A1, A2 & A3 are just displaying whatever is connected to A0. if I separate them I cannot measure anything on A1, A2 & A3. because no matter what I have oonnected to them , the values reported for those imput simply mimic the value of A0. I don't know what to make of it.

raschemmel

Post by raschemmel »

I read in the datasheet that the four inputs are multiplexed based on the configuration in the config register. I didn't see any code in the example that writes to the config register. Do you have any example code to configure it for four independent inputs ? I thought that was what the attached file did. Please advise.

I need to configure it for three inputs for an analog acelerometer (adxl335) and right now that won't work because A1, A2, & A3 just report whatever the voltage is on A0.

I found the problem. I had not changed this:
// Adafruit_ADS1115 ads; /* Use this for the 16-bit version */
Adafruit_ADS1015 ads; /* Use thi for the 12-bit version */

TO THIS:
Adafruit_ADS1115 ads; /* Use this for the 16-bit version */ <=== I HAVE ADS115 AND IT WAS SETUP FOR ADS1015
// Adafruit_ADS1015 ads; /* Use thi for the 12-bit version */
Attachments
SingleEnded.txt
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

adafruit_support_rick

Good! Thanks for the update

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”