HELP! RFID/NFC Shield not working!

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
uditgarg2012

HELP! RFID/NFC Shield not working!

Post by uditgarg2012 »

I purchased a RFID/NFC shield from Adafruit. I have soldered the header pins that came as in the tutorial and have the 12C library. I uploaded the sketch and run serial monitor on 9600 for ReadMifare sketch and I keep on getting "Hello!
Didn't find PN53x board" on the serial board. I have rechecked all my solders. Both PWR and BUSY LED's are ON and BUSY flickr once when I open serial monitor but no activity when I bring a RFID card near it. Please guide me through it. I am using an Arduino R3

Franklin97355

Re: HELP! RFID/NFC Shield not working!

Post by Franklin97355 »

Could you post clear pictures of your board, both sides? How are you powering the Arduino?

nsluss

Post by nsluss »

I am actually experiencing this same problem. I am sorry to post in a dead thread, Would it be considered more constructive to start a new one?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Since there wasn't much of a thread it's OK but you will get more personalized help if you start a new thread in the future sometimes in an active thread it's hard to tell to whom you are answering. Post clear photos of your board, both sides and tell us what the problem is and what you've done to try and solve it.

nsluss

Post by nsluss »

this album shows the board powering up, the wiring on the breadboard, and both sides of the board. the connections are not the best looking, but they do work.
http://imgur.com/a/CmaHy

when I upload either the readmifare or readmifareclassic example sketches, the output is always something to the effect of: Hello!
Didn't find PN53x board

Thanks

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

What is that chip on the breadboard? I'd say there are two solder connections that look a bit bad but the rest are fine. SPI can be a bit finicky with signals so it wouldn't hurt to touch those up.

nsluss

Post by nsluss »

the chip is the one that came with the board. following instructions as per this guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pn5 ... out-wiring
I will try and clean up the connections.
Thanks

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You have the chip the wrong way. The notch should be at the top according to the guide..

nsluss

Post by nsluss »

ah, well that's a bit embarrassing. It is working perfectly, now. Thank you very much for your help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”