Fingerprint sensor. Access the image

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
D_BM

Fingerprint sensor. Access the image

Post by D_BM »

Greetings,

I'm using the fingerprint sensor from your store to create an interactive application with MaxMSP/Jitter and I'm wondering if there's a way to access the image taken from the sensor and display it via the Adafruit library. Going through the data sheet of the sensor I noticed that there's a way to access the RAW image with some functions, and reading the forums I realized other users had the same question a while ago. This was the status 5 years ago regarding the documentation and library implementation of the functions getImage(), getReply():

"Uploading the image from the sensor would be the 0x0A command. We did not have this level of English language documentation at the time the library was written, so we currently do not have library support for this function."

Is this still the case? If not, how should I use this functions in Arduino?

Thank you very much in advance,
D_BM

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Fingerprint sensor. Access the image

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The problem is that the image is much larger than the SRAM on an Arduino can accommodate. You could issue the command, but I don't know what you would do with the data. Possibly you could stream it out to an SD card, but I have no idea whether or not that would work.

D_BM

Post by D_BM »

Oh, I see. This leaves me with rather no options then, but to try to see If I can manage to stream the data and do something with it!

Thank you very much for your help.

All the best,
D_BM

TiMuzeic

Post by TiMuzeic »

Hello, i was also trying to do the same thing, but i just want to show it to the serial monior,. Had you any update as to your success? Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”