Sending strings to cc3000

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sideburn

Sending strings to cc3000

Post by sideburn »

Hi,

I'm curious what the maximum string length I can send to a cc3000 breakout by way of a web or telnet connection. Is there a limit? Or can I just keep checking for client.avaiable() and calling client.read() until I receive all of the bytes?

I don't have one yet so I can't try it myself. But the plan is to send fairly large strings to it.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Sending strings to cc3000

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

shouldn't be a limit. You'll have to keep doing reads until you get all of the data

DigitalCowboy

Post by DigitalCowboy »

When you say "web" I am suspecting you expect to use HTTP protocol and the size limit will depend on what method you are using.
I have not looked at the server implementation for the CC3000 from Adafruit but in general, anything above 8k and you may need to consider configuration changes on the server. Also consider that while the server config may accept a very large value, the available memory on the server hardware may impose an outright limit or, at a minimum, impact performance....an UNO does not have a ton of memory.

sideburn

Post by sideburn »

8k is more than enough so I should be ok regardless of what I end up using I suppose.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”