TLV2462 Rail2 Rail Op Amp

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
amaraklov

TLV2462 Rail2 Rail Op Amp

Post by amaraklov »

I tried to attach the op-amp to the original in parallel like the instructions for the arduino scarry pumpkin call for, to increase volume in the WavShield, and it crackles when you attach it, as well as I tested continuity between the soldering points and the base of the arms of the top Op-Amp, and I get no volume increase. Does this only work with the original design of the WavShield ? Or is it possible the chip is faulty ? or am I doing this wrong? I'm aligning the Chip so they're seated the same way with the notch to the SD Card Reader.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: TLV2462 Rail2 Rail Op Amp

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Can you post some clear, detailed pictures of what you did?

amaraklov

Post by amaraklov »

Dual Amp http://youtu.be/bR8UT9c-Agk
Single Amp http://youtu.be/xRRX437gthE

I Put the Other Chip on top of the original, testing all the arms for continuity through the PC Board, to the top of the top chip. I then ran it, recorded the sound, and then again once I took it off/disconnected power etc......
20140915_200747.jpg
20140915_200747.jpg (154.9 KiB) Viewed 540 times
Like it shows in your walkthrough: Image
https://learn.adafruit.com/halloween-pumpkin/step-1

adafruit_support_rick

It looks like you didn't solder the pins together? I think you will need to do that for this to work.

amaraklov

Post by amaraklov »

I figured you'd say that that's why I tested continuity for all the pins, through the PCB, to the bottom, and they check out, soldering shouldn't change that, unless I have some massive resistances in the connection due to solder not being present that would cause the chip to not get enough voltage.

My question was if it was tested using the newer design, with the newer components, and the extra chip instead of the resistors. As the depicted board differs from mine, in subtle ways.

Also how heat sensitive are those amps ? Do I have to worry about burning it up, being that close to the silicone ?

adafruit_support_rick

Probing the pins can physically change the connection properties. You still want to solder them. And, yes, solder will reduce resistance.

The mod should still work on the latest WaveShield revision. You shouldn't have any heat problems.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”