adafruit (ez-link) bluetooth, 2>arduinos

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
neophyte

adafruit (ez-link) bluetooth, 2>arduinos

Post by neophyte »

I want to create a system whereby two or more arduinos can be paired to send data via bluetooth to a "master" which will then send the data over wifi. I think that i want the program to run where the master will send out over wifi "sensor 1, send data", then arduino sensor 1 can send its averaged reading back to the master, which can then update the web. Then, the master will send out to arduino sensor 2, etc, for probably no more than 5 sensors. I want to do a request/receive because i've written a UI that allows the user to label the sensors, and i dont think i want the sensors sending data in until the master is ready. But, maybe if they're just freely sending data it doesnt matter?

Honestly i've got a very loose grasp on bluetooth right now, but i've been able to figure out (usually with significant help... but still).; Before i purchase the bluetooth devices (when will they be in stock?...) i wanted to get some insight, though.

thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: adafruit (ez-link) bluetooth, 2>arduinos

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Your general idea is okay.

Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy both work in terms of 'central' and 'peripheral' devices. Central devices initiate and control connections, peripherals just do what a central tells them to do.

All Bluetooth devices do something called 'advertising' though. On a set of known channels, they emit chirps that contain enough information that a central reading the packet can make a connection it if wants to.

The advertising packet contains a small amount of room for optional data, like a timestamp for the last reading a device took. That gives a central device enough information to decide whether it needs to open a full connection to get an update.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”