Restocking turn around times

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jim2386

Restocking turn around times

Post by Jim2386 »

Hi,

I'm working on a project for work that requires the Li-poly backpack:

Adafruit Pro Trinket LiIon/LiPoly Backpack Add-On
PRODUCT ID: 2124

It went out of stock today. Is there an average turn around time on restocking breakout boards? I added my name to the e-mail list for the part. Only reason i'm asking is my boss is most likely going to want to know roughly how long the project will be delayed.

Thanks
Jim

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Restocking turn around times

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We don't know.

You've heard of lies, damn lies, and statistics? Projected ship dates are less reliable than statistics.

Things are especially hard to predict right now because of the recent upset in shipping due to the snowstorm, and Chinese New Year is coming up.. anyone who buys from Asian suppliers soon learns that a good chunk of the tech industry comes to a dead stop for two weeks at the beginning of every year.

Check our resellers page and see if anyone there has the parts you need. You might also check with http://sparkfun.com/

Jim2386

Post by Jim2386 »

Knowing that...are you sure you can't commit to a "damn lie"? I think that would be good enough :)

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I make a point of not telling lies I can be caught in. ;-)

Seriously, there are too many unknowns to track, and too many judgement calls made by people other than me. I'd rather let Adafruit get a reputation for stonewalling on an estimate now than for getting caught lying about estimates later. I'll get the blame either way, so I'd prefer to do it for telling the truth.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”