Mysterious CC3000 Disconnects maybe not so Mysterious

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Barry914

Mysterious CC3000 Disconnects maybe not so Mysterious

Post by Barry914 »

I have 3 CC3000s running 3 applications. One runs a variant of the WiFi Pet Food bowl on a Micro and Breakout Board, another runs an aREST app on an Uno and shield, and the third is running a web-based interface to the REST server app on a Micro with a Breakout board, similar in functionality of Marco Schwartz's interface example. When one of them disconnects, the others disconnect at the same time. Two of them have static IPs, but they all have the same DHCP lease expiration times, which I think is 4 hours. My router does not provide a way to change the lease time.

I have recovery code that seems to work well. My REST server exposes a WLAN connection counter but no timestamps, so pinning down the connection loss to lease expiration time is a little tenuous, but I've convinced myself this is what it is.
Attachments
Arduino REST Intf.JPG
Arduino REST Intf.JPG (67.07 KiB) Viewed 509 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Mysterious CC3000 Disconnects maybe not so Mysterious

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

That's a reasonable guess.

If you have a spare RasPi sitting around, try booting that at roughly the same time as the Arduinos. The wifi drivers post lots of status information to /var/log/messages when authentication timeouts and lease renewals occur. You can compare the timestamps there to the glitches in your Arduino connections.

Barry914

Post by Barry914 »

I don't have any raspi's, and I totally take back what I said. What I am seeing is identical lease expiration times for all 3 CC3000s after they all disconnect and reconnect at the same time, syncing their lease expirations from that point forward. My router logs have not been much help in trying to find out what event is causing this.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You may be seeing WAP timeouts.

Wifi networks with a password use an encryption key that expires and has to be renegotiated periodically. I don't know if the CC3000 handles that negotiation transparently, but if it doesn't, that could cause the synchronized dropouts you're seeing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”