Sound FX Board Question

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joshuakane

Sound FX Board Question

Post by joshuakane »

Hello,

I was wondering if the SoundFX Board allows for the following.

I want to have 3 sounds on the board, I will be using the OGG format. Currently I have them named "T01NEXT0" to "T01NEXT2". According to the manual that will allow the songs to play one after another, on button push, as if they were one file.

I want to push the button, and have the first song play, then on a second push I want the first song to stop and the second song to play, and upon a third push, to move to the third track.

Is this possible with the sound board, or would I have to have to use another microprocessor such as the Trinket to detect the button push and then set different pin values to LOW on the Sound FX Board to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Joshua

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Sound FX Board Question

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

joshuakane wrote:I want to have 3 sounds on the board, I will be using the OGG format. Currently I have them named "T01NEXT0" to "T01NEXT2". According to the manual that will allow the songs to play one after another, on button push, as if they were one file.
That's not quite right.

You only get one sound file per button press, but the files change as you press the button. The first press will play T01NEXT0, the second press will play T01NEXT1, etc.

The sounds aren't preemptive though. Each time you press the button, the whole sound plays.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”