Multiple TSL2591

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JHD

Multiple TSL2591

Post by JHD »

Hello, I'm currently working on a project using TSL2591's to detect two different lights turning on and off. I want to connect them both to the same Arduino Uno R3 and track their readings both simultaneously and independently. Is this possible with the Uno and how would I go about wiring this setup if it is? Thanks for any help.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Multiple TSL2591

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The TSL2591 uses a fixed I2C address. You can't have two of them on the same I2C bus.
The Due has two I2C buses. That might work for you. Or, there are software I2C libraries out there. You might be able to use one of those to set up a separate bus. Here's a link to one of them: http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/SoftwareI2CLibrary

jamithaawawn

Post by jamithaawawn »

Hello,

My problem is not exactly the same as of this original topic page but I must have been very stupid -- trying for nearly an hour and still couldn't find a way to create a new topic on Adafruit forum. Given up and posted my question here and hope that someone is still reading this topic.

I'm trying to integrate a TSL2591 breakout https://www.adafruit.com/products/1980 into a multiple I2C slaves application. I am not sure where a pair of onboard pull-up resistors is located and how to disable them.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

jami

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The pullups are here. You can unsolder them
TSL2591_pullups.png
TSL2591_pullups.png (686.94 KiB) Viewed 471 times

jamithaawawn

Post by jamithaawawn »

Thank you so much Rick.

j

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”