Nootropic Version?

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mysticforce

Nootropic Version?

Post by Mysticforce »

Hello I just bought a Nootropic board and on the nootropic design page is says you have to have v2 to drive a 32x32 rgb matrix. Do I have a v2 Nootropic board? Can't find any information on how to tell. Also in the code for the 32x32 rgb matrix from adafruit it says if you have single header input use this if a double header input use that. I am new at this and I am confused as all heck. Could someone please help clarify things for me. Thank you.

Franklin97355

Re: Nootropic Version?

Post by Franklin97355 »

Post a picture of the back of your matrix so we can have a look, please.

Mysticforce

Post by Mysticforce »

Sorry took me a while to get photos under 1 Meg using iPad Air 2. Hope this works.
Matrix
Matrix
image.jpg (142.42 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Matrix Left
Matrix Left
image.jpg (140.61 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Matrix Right
Matrix Right
image.jpg (136.52 KiB) Viewed 362 times

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you bought this https://www.adafruit.com/products/1072 it appears to be the one for 16x32 and I don't see one for 32x32 in the shop. I'll ask though.

Mysticforce

Post by Mysticforce »

That is the one I bought. Actually I have two of them one that came with my 16x32 and one I bought separately. When you click on the link you just provided for the nootropic board. Scroll down and hit the + symbol to the right of technical, which is a link to the build instructions and check out #14 at the very bottom of that page and then you will understand why I bought this to drive the 32x32 RGB panel.

gapdev

Post by gapdev »

Adafruit sells the 16x32 version. The product description says "Nootropic RGB Matrix Backpack Kit for 16x32 Panel"

If you want version 2 of the board, which works with 32x32 panels, you have to buy them from Nootropic.

Kenny

Mysticforce

Post by Mysticforce »

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but when you buy a product and the instruction page leads you to believe that your getting the latest and greatest and you don't that is a little misleading and disheartening . I love adafruit so don't think I am saying anything bad about you guys cause if I have a problem with someone I come to them as I am now. I bought that extra Nootropic board because I believed according to the instructions of the product that I was lead too from the product page, that it would support 32x32 rgb matrix and would be the latest version. I found out the reason there is a problem with the Nootropic board not working with this 32x32 rgb matrix is there is an extra Pinout D - Demux and the Nootropic board is connecting that pin to ground. I know there has to be a work around. Do you know of any? Thank you very much for your kindness and support.

Sincerely,

Dave

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It sounds like this was a simple misunderstanding.

Is the Nootropic board you got still in original condition?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”