Wanna small batttery, then use these.

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GomerPyle

Wanna small batttery, then use these.

Post by GomerPyle »

I've had one of these gizmos for quite a long time now and just decided to have a nosy through the forum. It seems that the biggest problem is finding a small battery, so I thought iId chuck in my two cents worth.
I used a battery from a Nintendo DS. They are a Li-on battery rated at 3.7v (but handle a nominal charge of 4.12v and are exactly the same size as the TV-B-Gone circuit board. This is what mine looks like.
Since the circuit places a small constant drain on the battery, I hot glued a "clicky" switch on the battery to disconnect the positive, when not in use.
You can buy these batteries from here http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replacemen ... lite-28823 for about US $3.40. Despite what's written on the pack, they are NOT 1,000mAh, but they are still good enough to use.
I just wrap a couple of rubber bands around it to hold the lot together.
You can also get a small usb single cell charger from the same place for a couple of dollars that will charge the battery.
The best thing about the Li-On batteries, is that they don't slowly discharge like nimhs do.

EDIT:
Here's the link for a US$3.44 battery charger for the NDS battery and it's auto polarity. (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/universal- ... 220v-32430)

Hope this helps. :D
Attachments
pic_3.jpg
pic_3.jpg (64.04 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
pic_2.jpg
pic_2.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
pic_1.jpg
pic_1.jpg (63.95 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

Agent24

Re: Wanna small batttery, then use these.

Post by Agent24 »

Looks pretty good, although at that price I personally wouldn't trust the charger, especially not on anything using Lithium.

richms

Re: Wanna small batttery, then use these.

Post by richms »

Did the same but with a nokia BL5C I had left over from an old phone, still had the desktop charger for it I got off ebay ages back that takes forever, just wedge the battery in including my wires soldered to the terminals.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”