I built the TV B Gone. I have a few suggestions to make the instructions better.
I happened to grab the right resistor the first time. When you have multiple parts of the same type, please make an extra step and differentiate the ones that appear to be duplicate. In this case, I grabbed the resistor with the red stripe first. People to new projects like me tend to rush forward because we're not experts.
The other mistake I did was solder the capacitor close to the board which didn't leave me room to bend it horizontal with the board which was the second step. I think that if it was specified before then I would have not made this mistake. I'm okay with this but the instructions probably need two specifications added to avoid these problems.
I happened to install my I.C. while I was on a rug so there might be a static electricity issue. My TV B Gone works but it doesn't seem that LG TV's are on the list. I happened to turn off the LG TV in our house twice but they were the only times so I'm going to see if replacing the I.C. will make things better but I presume since our LG is a newer TV, it isn't on the list.
The other thing I did was add solder to the top and bottom of the board for the IR LEDs because I thought that would make the parts more rugged.
I would like to know where I can buy the board vice in the instructions because I've been using hands with allegator clips. I would like it if Adafruit sold them because I would probably buy two.
I took this picture on a lapdesk.