Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Splitting codes theory
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Splitting codes theory

by Archer12x on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 pm

I built a TV-B-Gone per some instructions on instructable.com. It was a little different circuit - it was on as long as you held the button and then if you let go and pressed again, it would start over - but the same firmware as 1.2. Worked great and now shopping at Wal-Mart with the wife is enjoyable.

Anyhoo, I was concerned about standing in one place for so long while it cycles through all the codes, so I thought that if I used two microcontrollers and split the codes and put half on each, the cycle time would be cut in half. Unfortunately, when I tested how long it took to cycle through half the codes, the time didn't change. I'm confused as to why this wouldn't work.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am an ubernoob when it comes to coding C but figured this would be a fun way to learn the code and re-learn everything I thought I knew about circuitry.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!
I hear the sound of drums
Archer12x