is not working

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rafhit

is not working

Post by rafhit »

hello.
I bought the tv-bgone only the chip not the kit and i mounted it well on a breadbord for testing before solder in a permenant one
the thing is that the tv-bgone is not working on any tv of my house (a sonny and a LG).
the circuit must be find because the Led lights up and with a camera I can see the IR Led's light up too.
now what I'm thinking is that you guys sent me an old version of tv-bgone the ones that would work like 50% on europeans tv's not the v1.2 as said in the descripton of the product...
any help here?
ty

adafruit_support_bill

Re: is not working

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The V1.2 circuit has a "region select" feature. You need to enable that to get the European codes. Please read through the tutorial for details.

rafhit

Post by rafhit »

omg...why don't you people say that on the description of the product when you are selling it?
how am I suppost to do anything now to the chip? I don't have a programmer
send me the link of that tuturial please the I cant find that one! the one that for tv-bgone kit doesn't say anything about "region select"
thank you

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

send me the link of that tuturial please the I cant find that one! the one that for tv-bgone kit doesn't say anything about "region select"
It most certainly does. http://www.ladyada.net/make/tvbgone/design.html If you want to 'roll your own' without a kit, you need to read the documentation thoroughly. We can't provide step-by-step assistance for DIY implementations.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”