My TV-B-GONE doesn't work with SamSung nor Philips

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RyanSmith

My TV-B-GONE doesn't work with SamSung nor Philips

Post by RyanSmith »

Dear Support.

A while ago, i got a Super TV-B-Gone Kit for my birthday, that they purchased from you.
It's was so useful for me, because where i work, we have lot of televisions and everytime we can't find the remote, so we don't waste time, I use the TV-B-GONE, so it saves alot of time.
So it makes my everyday easier. But the problem with it is that it sais it works with Philips and Samsung televisions.
I tried with more models, but i had the same problem. Works with every Television except Samsung and Philips.
I tried to troubleshoot this problem with FAQ and some tricks to fix that, but i've tried everything and it's still not working.
It's never fallen on the floor, I reconnected all the cables 3 times looking at the manual, It doesn't have any scratches, but it's still not working for Samsung and Philips Televisions.

Thanks
~Ryan

adafruit_support_bill

Re: My TV-B-GONE doesn't work with SamSung nor Philips

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The chip is pre-programmed with all the codes available at the time. There are some differences between European and North American & Asian codes. The assembly instructions explain how to select the appropriate code database using R3. http://www.ladyada.net/make/tvbgone/solder.html

It is also possible that the sets you are trying to control use a new code that is not in the pre-programmed database. To add these would involve modifying and re-downloading the firmware. Source code is available on the "Download" page.

RyanSmith

Post by RyanSmith »

Hey, thanks for the fast reply.
I have just tried what you told me, It still doesn't work.

I would like you to send me another TV-B-GONE kit.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hi again!

The chip is pre-programmed with all the codes available *at the time*. There are some differences between European and North American & Asian codes. The assembly instructions explain how to select the appropriate code database using R3. http://www.ladyada.net/make/tvbgone/solder.html

It is also possible that the sets you are trying to control use a new code that is *not* in the pre-programmed database. To add these would involve modifying and re-downloading the firmware. Source code is available on the "Download" page.

thanks,
adafruit support

RyanSmith

Post by RyanSmith »

Hello again,
I have already updated the firmware, so I have the latest, I have downloaded all the codes that you have in the downloads page and set everything up again, and it still doesn't work for Samsung and Philips televisions.

I like the device, and it made my everyday easier, but now I can't enjoy the use of it because of the problems it's having.

Thanks.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

RyanSmith wrote:Hello again, I have already updated the firmware, so I have the latest, I have downloaded all the codes that you have in the downloads page and set everything up again, and it still doesn't work for Samsung and Philips televisions. I like the device, and it made my everyday easier, but now I can't enjoy the use of it because of the problems it's having. Thanks.
it's possible those codes are just not in the firmware.

thanks,
adafruit support

RyanSmith

Post by RyanSmith »

Possibly, I have just tried it on a TV that it used to work on, and now that isn't working.
It's saying I can't remove the new firmware, so It's not working now.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

RyanSmith wrote:Possibly, I have just tried it on a TV that it used to work on, and now that isn't working.
It's saying I can't remove the new firmware, so It's not working now.
here's our suggestion, purchase a new kit, make it, if the new kit works on the tv's we'll just refund the new purchase.

thanks,
adafruit support

RyanSmith

Post by RyanSmith »

I spent my hard earned money that I earned online, can you just send me a new kit?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

RyanSmith wrote:I spent my hard earned money that I earned online, can you just send me a new kit?
if it's an issue with the kit, you'll get a full refund :) please place a new order, assemble the new one and let us know how it goes.

thanks!
adafruit support

RyanSmith

Post by RyanSmith »

I placed an order today.
Just registered an account, here is the email: [email protected]
I hope it just a factory mistake, and after i can enjoy all functions with this really nice kit.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”