Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

TVbGone doesn't work always
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

TVbGone doesn't work always

by ks3556 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello everyone, ive got a problem with my TVbGone Kit.

The Problem is, i doesn't work all the time.
When i put new batteries into the holder, it works very good for about 2-3 times, but the following 'rounds' the green led blinks only for 3 seconds or so. :(
When i waited some minutes or pushed the button very long, it worked several times again. :?:
Please dont tell me "aaaww your batteries dont have enough power, use new ones".. i've already tried that :) And the Voltmeter says the batteries are Full.

It doesn't look like there's a short circuit somewhere, so i think it has to do with the IC, maybe?

Please Help Me :D

Thanks,
Have a nice day
ks3556

Re: TVbGone doesn't work always

by richms on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 pm

What does the battery voltage do when you are transmitting.

I had similar issues when I put in some non alkaline cheap ones, they just sagged too much under load.

richms

Re: TVbGone doesn't work always

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 am

If you post photos of the front & back of the board we can check for assembly issues. But from the symptoms you report, as suggested by richms, batteries are the most likely suspect.

so i think it has to do with the IC, maybe?

If it were a defective IC, changing the batteries wouldn't help.

adafruit_support_bill