genuine TSAL6100?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
berlusconi

genuine TSAL6100?

Post by berlusconi »

I bought some powerfull TSAL6100 led by a Chinese seller online, but those do not appear to be, the range is too short, only 15 meters (4 leds in line) ... is there a way to understand if they are *really* TSAL6100?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: genuine TSAL6100?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It would be hard to confirm. They could even be 'real' TSAL6100 that didn't pass QA.

sea moss

Re: genuine TSAL6100?

Post by sea moss »

That's interesting. I got some TSAL7400 from eBay and I don't think they are genuine, either. Not only is the range BANNED but the beam angle (as gauged very roughly by viewing through a digital camera) doesn't seem remotely wide enough. They look good and they work OK, but my gut feel is that they are not what they claim to be. I think this happens a lot, and is possibly even the norm, on eBay. I'm getting most of my components from Mouser now. They have a cheap-ish shipping option ($8) and they are super-efficient. I love them. With some things (like these LEDs) it certainly is tempting to shop on eBay, but quite honestly you just can never be certain what you've got with most of the Asian sellers. There are some US sellers like WestFloridaComponents and dpi4parts where I feel more confident that they are selling off genuine surplus or NOS.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”