European codes

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spritely monkey

European codes

Post by spritely monkey »

Hello,

I really fancy one of these but I live in the UK. How likely is it to work over here and is there anyway of altering the firmware accordingly?

Many thanks.

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

Here is a full european firmware, based upon oPossum's IR capture of a full TVBgone. http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgo ... one_eu.zip

(Source code at http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgo ... ne_src.zip )

furrtek

Post by furrtek »

Here's a new European firmware, with the 44 most popular codes from the original TV-B-Gone, and with "loop scanning" double-click mode which is stopped with a long click.

Source and binary: http://furrtek.free.fr/tmp/tvbgkiteu102.zip

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

furrtek wrote:Here's a new European firmware, with the 44 most popular codes from the original TV-B-Gone, and with "loop scanning" double-click mode which is stopped with a long click.

Source and binary: http://furrtek.free.fr/tmp/tvbgkiteu102.zip
Do you realize that this firmware will only work on the Version 1.0 revision of the PCB? Version 1.1 has changed to putting the button on the reset line, to be able to split the IR LED driving task between Two pins, rather than just one.

I have worked around that issue, and still provided for Effective double clicking support. (And I merged your looping change in as well.)

http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgo ... e_v1.1.zip

----- EDIT ------

The Click list is set up as follows.

1 Click - Normal operation and shut down - Show status LED
2 Clicks - Normal operation and shut down - Hide status LED
3 Clicks - Loop operation - Show status LED
4 Clicks - Show firmware region and shut down. (3 Blinks for NA/Asia, 6 for Europe.)
5 Clicks - Show persistent stealth setting, and shut down.
6 Clicks - Set/Clear persistent stealth setting and shut down. (When persistent stealth is set, change Show status to Hide status and vice versa in the above list.)

If looping operation is on, then double clicking will shut it off. (It goes to show firmware region.) A single click just restarts the loop from the beginning.

One that is mildly evil could just use the loop operation. One that is truely evil could turn persistent stealth on, then use the loop operation, and hide the device.

The European code list in the above firmware, is the 106 code list version.

After you have clicked a number of times, the thing will show the number of blinks according to the operation chosen, pause for one second, then perform the operation. For example, if you wanted to know the firmware region programmed, you would click 4 times, then you will see 4 blinks, then 1 second pause, then 3/6 blinks according to region.

furrtek

Post by furrtek »

Sorry about that, I totally forgot about the pin change in the new version.

maltman23

Post by maltman23 »

From talking with oPossum I confirmed that they are from the Gen1 TV-B-Gone, from 2004. There are a handful of European POWER codes that didn't exist back then, but that are now in the new Gen3 TV-B-Gones.

I'm leaving for the Chaos Computer Camp on the 25th of December, and before I leave I intend on publishing the European codes that are in Gen3 but aren't in Gen1's database. At that time I'll also publish a list of what brands work with which codes. Stay tuned...

spritely monkey

Post by spritely monkey »

I have now put my TV-B-Gone together and finally got round to putting the European firmware on. Thanks to BANNED and Furrtek for their hard work here, much appreciated!

For those beginners, such as myself, to update the flash memory using the spokePOV parallel port programmer download avrdude and enter this on the command line:

avrdude -c dt006 -p t85 -P lpt1 -U flash:w:tvbgone_EU_1.1.hex

I snipped all 4 resistors before doing this and then resoldered them.

And here is the result:

http://flickr.com/photos/spritelymonkey ... -adafruit/

Congratulations to Ms Ada!

vpapanik

Post by vpapanik »

Could someone write down the microcontroller fuses in order to program it with the European firmware ? Or just the configuration words. Thanks !

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

If you have the kit, the microcontroller already has the correct fuse configuration. Otherwise, the correct config is High Fuse = 0xDF and Low Fuse = 0xFD. (If you use the make file, you just do "make burn-fuse")

vpapanik

Post by vpapanik »

Thanks a lot. By interpreting the fuse words, I saw that the Lock bits are set to Read/Write disabled ? What does it mean ? Should I change it to : No lock ? Thanks

marius

programmer

Post by marius »

Hi there,

does anyone know where to get a simple programmer to flash over the eu software? I also ordered the miniPOV 3 kit, can I use this to somehow flash the tvbgone's microcontroller?

thanks,
marius

hainrih

Post by hainrih »

I´m sorry about my bad English and not so clever questions, but I´m building TV-B-Gone v.1.1 and I want to program it with European version.
So, I didn´t understand it completely, how do I program my ATTINY85V?
I downloaded the zip-package from BANNED´s link. What parts of it do I need and do I need to convert them with c-converter. How to use avrdude and so on. If someone dare, tutorial to programming avr from that zip-package will help me a lot. I´m going to BANNED my germanteacher with that remote. She will be surprised. Thanks

KateKat

Post by KateKat »

You may find that like me and at least one other person the BANNED software doesnt work on v1.1 boards as supplied. If you are interested in a working version please PM me and I will email you a working Euro hex file (&source).

Regards

Kate

CJM

Post by CJM »

hainrih

vielleicht hilft dir das ein wenig:
http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4937

hainrih

Post by hainrih »

CJM: Obwohl ich Deutsch lerne, ich kann nicht alles von deine tutorial verstehe. Vielleicht du kannst ein einfach version machen, oder auslegen es für Englisch. Ich hoffe, dass du kannst mein Deutsch verstehen.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”