What's changed with v1.1

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
opossum

Post by opossum »

BANNED wrote:I did note one slight oddball thing when kevin zimmerman did log the codes. Some of them showed up with a carrier frequency of zero. (These are codes 39, 41, 49, 62, 63, 68, 69, 88, 101, 104, 105, all counting from code 0.)
They are pulse codes (no modulation). It is possible that some have a carrier above 100 kHz, but I don't think they do. The only common high freq code I know of is B & O (455 kHz), and none of them looked like B & O timing.

Seanernet

Post by Seanernet »

As far as the legal issues goes, I just want to convey a sense of caution in regards to interrupting a business. In the state of Florida, there is a law called Disorderly Conduct at an Establishment, it is just a misdemeanor, but it is also a misdemeanor exception, meaning that law enforcement does not have to directly observe the act in order to make an arrest. Therefore, if you happen to get a savvy and articulate law enforcement officer in your jurisdiction, and there is a similar law, disrupting a business where there primary income is entertainment or sales could have undesired results. That is why to me, stealth is very important. I seriously doubt that investigators would waste time or resources to review taped or digital recordings of such crimes, but if someone were an extreme nuisance and performed these actions on a regular basis, I'm quite certain something would be done about it.

I hope I haven't harped to much on this subject, but I find that it is important to be informed.

More stealth ideas I've had include, bluetooth headset tvbgone, shirt collar tvbone, shoe tvbgone and led flashlight tvbgone. I'll be going out of town for a week, but when I get back, I'll be itching to build some things up and I'll share any results. I finally got all my smt parts in, but I'm hesitant to mount it all in any design before I test it, I suppose I'll attempt to breadboard it to see if it is even worthwhile. And then if it works out, perhaps a lapel pin tvbgone or wristwatch tvbgone will be in order.

Sean

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

oPossum wrote:
BANNED wrote:I did note one slight oddball thing when kevin zimmerman did log the codes. Some of them showed up with a carrier frequency of zero. (These are codes 39, 41, 49, 62, 63, 68, 69, 88, 101, 104, 105, all counting from code 0.)
They are pulse codes (no modulation). It is possible that some have a carrier above 100 kHz, but I don't think they do. The only common high freq code I know of is B & O (455 kHz), and none of them looked like B & O timing.
So, pulse code, as in, IRLED remains on for entire duration of ON time, then Off for entire duration of Off time?

That will require a special case in the xmit_code function if that is the case.

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

Updated the Firmware again. This time, Button clicking operation is consistent between both Version 1.0 hardware and Version 1.1 hardware.

1 Click = Turn TVs On/Off, Show Status (unless persistent stealth is on.)
2 Clicks = Turn TVs On/Off, Hide Status (unless persistent stealth is on.)
3 Clicks = Show Firmware region (3 Blinks for NA/Asia, 6 Blinks for EU.)
4 Clicks = Same as just 1 Click.
5 Clicks = Turn Persistent stealth on/off.

Also implemented the 0 Carriar Freq codes as pulse codes, and rewrote the xmit_code function to handle this situation.

Grab the Update from http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgo ... e_v1.1.zip

-----

Oh yeah, I was looking around elsewhere, and it seems that mitch has documented on an instructable (Specifically Step 9), that the difference of the NA/Asia TV-B-Gone and European TV-B-Gone is whether R5 is stuffed. If R5 is stuffed, (should be the case on Kevin Zimmerman's TVBGone), then it runs the Europe database. If R5 is not stuffed, then it runs the NA/Asia database.

---- EDIT -----

I revised the code a little bit more, and here is the final result.

1 Click = Turn TVs On/Off, Show Status (unless persistent stealth is on.)
2 Clicks = Turn TVs On/Off, Hide Status (unless persistent stealth is on.)
3 Clicks = Show Firmware region (3 Blinks for NA/Asia, 6 Blinks for EU.)
4 Clicks = Display the Persistent Stealth Setting. (Same number of blinks as 3 Clicks, if On, no Blinks if off.)
5 Clicks = Turn Persistent stealth on/off.

Also, no matter what, the setting now returns to the first click after whatever function that is executed, has completed.

Same firmware download link, contents are updated. History.txt now added.

opossum

Post by opossum »

BANNED wrote:So, pulse code, as in, IRLED remains on for entire duration of ON time, then Off for entire duration of Off time?
Correct.
Yes, I think it will.

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

oPossum wrote:
Yes, I think it will.
Done. (Way ahead already.)

big93

Post by big93 »

hey i have an idea! could you possibly mount the led's on a very small board, and have long cables attaching them to the main board, becuase when your holding a remote and pointing it at something and it turns off, it's obvious, but lets say your wearing a regular shirt with some led's slightly hanging out, it doesent look as strange, so you can hold the remote in your hand, with the button, and you could click it without pointing... sorry to inerupt your chat, but i just wanted to throw in an idea :)

Seanernet

Post by Seanernet »

Hey Big93,

That's a great idea, I was planning on mounting some led's under the collar of a polo shirt and having the keyfob remote below.

BTW, anyone build this 1.1 version yet????????

Sean

big93

Post by big93 »

well, its seems like an easy concept, just solder in wires instead of led's and get one of those empty pc boards, and solder the led's and there wires on the board, and cut down to size, that seems like a very easy hack! if any one does this, post what your finale product looks like!

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

Here is another idea. The programming header exposes everything you need. If you wish to have real power, like the TVBGone pro SHP, then you just run wires from there, to another board that contains its own power supply, (can be 9V or more even.), and the lines will drive those IR LEDs easily.

---- EDIT ----

Updated the firmware again. Same download link as before. New feature added, which loops the scanning endlessly, until double clicked.

The Click list is set up as follows.

1 Click - Normal operation and shut down - Show status LED
2 Clicks - Normal operation and shut down - Hide status LED
3 Clicks - Loop operation - Show status LED
4 Clicks - Show firmware region and shut down. (3 Blinks for NA/Asia, 6 for Europe.)
5 Clicks - Show persistent stealth setting, and shut down.
6 Clicks - Set/Clear persistent stealth setting and shut down. (When persistent stealth is set, change Show status to Hide status and vice versa in the above list.)

If looping operation is on, then double clicking will shut it off. (It goes to show firmware region.) A single click just restarts the loop from the beginning.

One that is mildly evil could just use the loop operation. One that is truely evil could turn persistent stealth on, then use the loop operation, and hide the device.

The European code list in the above firmware, is the 106 code list version.

After you have clicked a number of times, the thing will show the number of blinks according to the operation chosen, pause for one second, then perform the operation. For example, if you wanted to know the firmware region programmed, you would click 4 times, then you will see 4 blinks, then 1 second pause, then 3/6 blinks according to region.

elliott2

Post by elliott2 »

I too have been toying with the hat idea. I've been thinking about a hat loaded with about 12 to 15 LEDs arrainged in a full 360 deg circle so all the TV in the range would be offed more or less at the same time. I get a chuckly with the hat idea thinking about the EMP pulse that was the last resort in the matrix, one shot and all is quite. I've also been thinking about modifing the off codes to a channel code. That way one could walk into a resturant and select (for example) Headline News to watch over lunch instead of soap operas.

Cheers,
Tim

Probedude

Post by Probedude »

elliott2 wrote:I too have been toying with the hat idea. I've been thinking about a hat loaded with about 12 to 15 LEDs arrainged in a full 360 deg circle so all the TV in the range would be offed more or less at the same time.
Look here
http://forums.ladyada.net/viewtopic.php?t=4736
I'll likely stuff this board this weekend.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”