Flashing LED until button pushed, HELP...

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ncdude

Flashing LED until button pushed, HELP...

Post by ncdude »

Hey all,

I built this TV B Gone today and when batteries are installed the green LED flashes and when I push the button the led stops flashing. Is this normal operation??

Thanks,

Scott.. :?:

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

It is normal for the LED to start flashing on battery install. (This would be a power on reset.)

Next, when you push the button, what happens next depends on the hardware version, and therefore the firmware version. In Version 1.0, the button is tied to an IO line, and that IO line is set to cause an interrupt. THe interrupt then sets up a watchdog timer, to reset the chip.

In the case of Version 1.1, the button is directly tied to reset.

In either case, the blinking will start from the beginning again. After it has run through all of the poweroff codes, the blinking should stop on its own.

Tanner8

Post by Tanner8 »

Since it is open source do you think it is possible to make it stop scanning on re-click of the button? Sometimes after it finds the TV and powers it, I want to shut off the scanning so it dosnt perform an operation on the other TV's in the room in future codes.

adafruit

Re: Flashing LED until button pushed, HELP...

Post by adafruit »

ncdude wrote:Hey all,

I built this TV B Gone today and when batteries are installed the green LED flashes and when I push the button the led stops flashing. Is this normal operation??
sure. when the batteries are put in it starts automatically since its just 'turned on'

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”