International TV-B-Gone

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
icesplice

International TV-B-Gone

Post by icesplice »

I was wondering if its possible to make an international TV-B-Gone kit.
Am I correct in thinking that if we were able to collect all the off codes to all the different makes of digital televisions, that it should be possible to cycle through them all, and get almost ever tv anywhere to turn off?

Would the size of the file be a problem? Or just the time cycling through all the codes till you get a result?

The codes for the kit are based for the US, and while I am planning to grab a kit or two, I would love for the unit to work in the AUS, where I am.

Let me know what you think...

-Icesplice

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

I think the two problems are:

Time to cycle through all codes
Memory requirements

The latter could be fixed by using a CPU with more memory (such as porting the TVBG firmware to the ATMega168 present in Boarduinos/Arduinos), but the time required to blast all codes would be long.

Given that you have access to the firmware source code, you might be able to program the codes for your country yourself. The hardest part would be finding out what they are.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

The EU version will be coming out from Adafruit soon and that will work in Australia

hainrih

Post by hainrih »

Great.

I live in far away in Finland. TV-B-Gone is so great that I love to think different cases and... My friend has made a SMD-version for TV-B-Gone v.1.1

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”