good substitutes for everlight IR diodes?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cdr_jameson

good substitutes for everlight IR diodes?

Post by cdr_jameson »

it's really difficult to find the everlight diodes outside of the us (i live in the uk), so i was wondering what other, more common diodes could be used. i saw some threads mentioning vishnay TSAL6100 but had no luck finding those either.

thanks

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

farnell in the uk list these but I seem to remember that they have £20 minimum order charge
vishay list these distributors in the uk but I have only used farnell before
http://www.vishay.com/sales?locs=United ... y=TSAL6100

or you could request a sample here http://www.vishay.com/product?docid=810 ... y=TSAL6100

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

Hi how many TSAL6100 do you need ?

cdr_jameson

Post by cdr_jameson »

sorry just saw your post. i'd need 4... by the way, where do you get the microcontroller from ? farnell lists it but they don't seem to have it in stock ('awaiting delivery'). also tried rswww, maplin and BANNED, no luck so far.

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

I ordered most parts from mouser in the usa
postage was costly but I ordered Friday evening and it arrived Monday afternoon !!!
I ordered the tsla6100's from farnell along with solder and a few odds and sods to make up the £20 pound minimum if you had replied sooner I could have ordered some extra ones :(
The only thing I am waiting for is transistors which the postman seems to have lost :cry:

cdr_jameson

Post by cdr_jameson »

hmm thanks anyway for asking. i was looking at the mouser site but honestly i think shipping is far too expensive (for a couple of electronic components). if i had known how difficult it is to get parts outside of the us i would have ordered the kit :( can you pm me next time you order something from mouser so we can share shipping costs ? thanks!

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

The kit is roughly £14.22 including delivery which I think is good value considering the cost and hassle of locating components in the uk.
If you could buy every component needed with no minimum order from the same company you might be able to save a little but unfortunately you cant here in the uk.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”