Sow how are they making one go 300ft plus?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

nutt318 wrote:Would this work for the EHP Design cutting out the extra battery and the programming header/jumper pin?

If you are going to cut out the extra battery and the programming header/jumper, you will still need the Two 1N4002 diodes, for the microcontroller voltage drop. (limit to microcontroller is 5V)

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

While I was at it, I figured I would make a firmware for this project too. http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgone/tvbg_ehp.zip

Because of the schematic design, I decided to remove the blink disable code, because there would be at least one LED blinking no matter what. For this version, the world wide firmware version, has 117 of the 136/139 codes available of North America/Europe generation 3 database respectively.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

Three questions:

What would this recent circuit look like with those diodes added?

When I download the older one by oPossum (with copper flow), I don't see the copper flow, is it not in there/is it necessary if I have it produced by a company?

Can I just power everything with a 9V battery?

Thanks!!!!

opossum

Post by opossum »

magician13134 wrote:What would this recent circuit look like with those diodes added?
Like the original without JP1 and JP2. C1 and C2 are required. The only optional components are JP1, JP2, R10 and LED10.

When I download the older one by oPossum (with copper flow), I don't see the copper flow, is it not in there/is it necessary if I have it produced by a company?
Click ratsnest to redraw the copper pour.
Can I just power everything with a 9V battery?
No, not enough current.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

Cool, thanks, and there's a yellow line between some of the transistors... what is that? (Goes away if I hide 'unrouted' layer)

opossum

Post by opossum »

There shouldn't be anything unrouted. Download the files again.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

I must've screwed it up. And does this design require plated holes?

And this:
At each of the LED spots, where an X is marked, put a standard pad on the PCB, right in the center of that X. If you don't do that, then when the board goes to manufacture, there will not be any holes to properly mount the through-hole IR LEDs.
Is that a hole, via, both, either, or neither? I can't find a 'pad' button...

Ok, can someone turn the board file from oPossum into the files needed to get it made at www.barebonespcb.com ? Like adding the LED holes, and making sure there's enough space between the copper pour and pads to make it easy to work with? I'm sorry, but I'm really new and bad at this...
Thanks...

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

I would like this to
The full gerber files would be great with solder mask and silkscreen :D

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

Go over to Eagle Tutorial. There, there is 2 files to be downloaded, and there is full info on how to get your board, turned into gerbers that you would send off.

The files needed for barebones PCB

*.cmp - Top Copper
*.sol - Bottom Copper
*.drd - Excellon Drill data

Then, for those that want soldermash/silkscreen

*stc - Solder Stop Top
*sts - Solder Stop Bottom
*.plc - Silk Screen/Legend Top
*.pls - Silk Screen/Legend Bottom

Those are the files that your board house typically need.

opossum

Post by opossum »

nutt318

Post by nutt318 »

Very nice, thanks oPossum.

Probedude

Post by Probedude »

BareBonesPCB has a setup fee + sq in fee + handling fee.

Some of you guys should go in together on this, step and repeat the pattern and get a bigger board made with say 4-8 of these on one board and then shear them apart. That way you can split the setup, handling and shipping fee.

Better yet, see how many of these fit on a 60sq in board and see if the $33/each +$50 one time step and repeat fee for a full service board (soldermask, silkscreen) would cost. Might in the end be cheaper than the barebonespcb price.

Dave

jasonx

Post by jasonx »

Will anybody be doing a group buy on these ?

Probedude

Post by Probedude »

jasonx wrote:Will anybody be doing a group buy on these ?
Here's a couple of quotes I got for full service board using the oPossum's board dimensions.

These quotes are for full service PCB's (top and bottom soldermask, top silkscreen, 2 sided 0.064" FR4, HASL)

www.4pcb.com using their $33/ea deal (3 board minimum) +$50 step and repeat fee + shipping would be ~ $174. oPossum's board is ~ 4sq in and 4pcb has a 60sq in limit per board. 60/4 = 15 boards (assumption here) or 45 boards for $174 giving a per board cost of $3.90. 1 business week leadtime. Boards need to be sheared from the panel.

www.e-teknet.com for a 1.959" x 1.667" PCB, full service, individually routed out. 100pcs for $270.55 or ~$2.71 each. 200 pcs for $319 or $1.60 each. E-Teknet runs 2-3 weeks for delivery.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

This board still doesn't have holes for the LEDs or copper pour...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”