NEW FIRMWARE WITH OLD HARDWARE?

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wtfwtfdef

NEW FIRMWARE WITH OLD HARDWARE?

Post by wtfwtfdef »

I have an old tvbgone 1.1 edition from way back. I want to upgrade to the latest firmware that comes with 1.2, because there seems to be alot more codes for North america. Is this possible, can I direct flash the tvbgone.hex to the attiny? Or should i just work at porting the newer firmware and codes into the old firmware code? Also does anyone have any knowledge on flashing the attiny85? I am reading posts from way back when and i understand that I might need to desolder the LED's and resistors to program the chip on the tvbgone board. Is it ok to leave everything else just remove the LED+LED'S RESISTORS?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: NEW FIRMWARE WITH OLD HARDWARE?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The V1.2 firmware should work with V1.1 hardware.
I'm not sure about removing the resistors to re-program. I'll have to check on that.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you do have to remove the single driver resistor but you can cut one side and then resolder it. unfortunately, the hardware has changed and v1.2 firmware is not compatible with v1.1 i believe - the transistor arrangement changed!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

adafruit wrote:unfortunately, the hardware has changed and v1.2 firmware is not compatible with v1.1 i believe
Oops! :oops: Don't listen to me - listen to the expert!

wtfwtfdef

Post by wtfwtfdef »

thx rick&ladyada. Lol no worries rick. If anyone else has any help it would be greatly appreciated, specifically how i'd go about importing new codes from 1.2 and new codes I've found into 1.1 firmware

wtfwtfdef

Post by wtfwtfdef »

ok got it working, just had to spend the time reading through all the forum posts. Apprently another user has already done this ! If you are looking for the answer it must be here, burried somewhere!! Damn and i missed another ask an engineer. I liked it being on saturday, gave me something to do! Oh well, now saturday is free for me to lay in bed and cry all night holding a pillow :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”