Anticlimax!

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lyd

Anticlimax!

Post by lyd »

So, I've got a couple of big re-capping projects coming up, and I haven't soldered anything for over a decade. I wasn't that great at it then. Never used anything other than the cheapest possible rat shack iron.

Before I destroyed the irreplaceable old stuff, it seemed like a good idea to get a little practice in. A TV-B-Gone looked like the perfect thing, so I ordered one up, ebayed a Metcal SP200, and waited for the UPS guy to come.

Tonight I put everything together, and was gratified to discover that while I am definitely rusty, and my joints have about as much aesthetic consistency as The Village People, I am not completely inept when wielding an iron.

And I had a TV-B-Gone. Yay! Kind of exciting. After a few minutes of looking I managed to locate the one TV I own, an old 27" Panasonic GAOO, in the corner of a spare room. Nowhere near an outlet, of course, and I wasn't about to pick the darn thing up, so more rummaging about to locate an extension cord. Finally got it powered up, stood back, hit the button on the TV-B-Gone, waited eagerly while the green light blinked... blinked... blinky-blinked... blink-blink-blink-blinked... and nothing happened.

*sigh*

Guess the old panny is not on the "47 most popular" list. Making something simple was a fun way to get back into the swing, anyway.

Kind of makes me want to order the USBtinyISP, make a target board, and try uploading the larger code list I have seen floating around here in the forum. Anyone know how much larger it is?

caitsith2

Post by caitsith2 »

The one you are hearing about, is about 90 codes larger, and yes, I have had TVs turn off at the very end of that code list.

The link to the firmware that you see floating is http://www.BANNED.net/projects/tvbgo ... simple.rar

lyd

Post by lyd »

So around 130 total? Cool, that definitely sounds worthwhile.

Thanks a lot.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

It is definitely worth while, I have SO much fun with my TV-B-Gone with BANNED's code, it's not very often I run into a TV that I can't turn off.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”