Super Compact TV-B-Gone

Get help and show off your TV-B-Gone kit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
snymat68

Super Compact TV-B-Gone

Post by snymat68 »

I ordered the kit earlier this week. It showed up yesterday and I soldered it together.
I tested it today at Best Buy and it worked great, but it was too conspicuous for my liking... so I took matters into my own hands.

I got a variety of mint/gum/candy containers from the drug store, as well as some Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA's. (They can handle the current output needed.) I opted to use the Altoids Mini container to cram everything into. The container isn't large enough to facilitate the batteries AND a battery holder, so I taped 2 of the AAA's together with a piece of metal at the one end and a 9V battery connector at the other end. That left just enough room for the 2 custom PCB's I made, one for the 4 LED's and one for everything else. I used a Dremel to trim 2 holes in the Altoids container and mounted a small push button switch. I lined the container with electrical tape (since it's a steel container) and stuffed everything inside. Not the easiest to swap batteries, but not too hard either.

Small and discrete! Mints anyone? :)
3.jpg
3.jpg (316.09 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (361.58 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (513.84 KiB) Viewed 1586 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Super Compact TV-B-Gone

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Nice build! Thanks for posting.

ghpk

Post by ghpk »

Nice Clean and Discreet Build,

I am sure if you manage to get smaller batteries, this could go into smaller mint package.

snymat68

Post by snymat68 »

You have to watch that the batteries you choose can provide the instantaneous current required for the circuit.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “TV-B-Gone Kit”