programs for attiny2313

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcook

programs for attiny2313

Post by bcook »

Hello,
Let me start by saying HELP!!!!.. :o
Some time back I had purchased from makezine the brain machine project by Mitch Altman which I believe is a modified minipov kit. I have figured out how to change out some of the elements in the tables(correct term?) to change with the provided frequencies and durations..

i have found another application for which this would prove to be most useful, however, it would require me to replace the (tables) he has with my own.

Basically, he has predefined sets , alpha, beta, theta, delta, etc with durations (the parts I know how to modify)
What I need to do is to change this and program in a range of frequencies from 0 to say 600hz with modifiable durations which I can choose from. Selecting specific frequencies and setting the durations which would flash 2-8 LEDs is what I need. I just dont know what or how to change the program for that.

I am assuming there is some data stored somewhere on the chip that contains the tables he has. Mitch has mentioned to me that this is very easy but never quite telles me where to look in the program to make those changes. Or directs me to AVR freaks, which has proved for me to be fruitless. Apparently you have to ask your questions in a very specific way in order for them to respond. And since I am pretty much a newbie to this I dont know how to ask this question in that special way.

I believe the core of the existing program would work if I can just figure out how to swap those table with mine if I can figure out how to create it. And of course the other question would be, could the attiny2313 hold the programming for the range of 0-600hz to select from or would that have to span across multiple 2313's.

Thanks
Bill

mtbf0

Re: programs for attiny2313

Post by mtbf0 »

what exactly are you trying to do with this?

do you need frequencies from 0-600Hz or do you need difference frequencies between 0 to 600Hz? binaural beats can only be heard with difference frequencies up to about 30Hz.

the frequencies in the brainwave firmware are not encoded in a table. they are hard coded into conditionals in the code and are selected based on values from the table.

sounds niggling, but is significant.

anyway, no ideas as to how to do what you want without knowing what you want.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”