Need help porting AVR code to MSP430

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Saints

Need help porting AVR code to MSP430

Post by Saints »

Hi,
I am starting a project that may require the use of an MSP430 core (due to the release of the CC430). I need to make use of an LCD screen, and I am familiar with interfacing with a serial port so the LCD that I chose was from New Haven display with the ST7565 drivers (128x64 pixels). I am using the MSP430f2618 since I had a friend with some spares and an evaluation board. I can handle the electronics end but I am having a tough time converting this amazing example code (http://github.com/adafruit/ST7565-LCD/tree/master/c) produced by adafruit (thank you it is amazing work) to work with my MSP 430.
If anyone can help me with some tips such as how to get <avr/pgmspace.h> to either work with the MSP430 using the CCSv4 (Code Composer Studio version 4) or how to convert everything that this does in the program to something a bit more generic. If you want to be truly amazing and convert it for me can you please comment on what you changed so I can understand the process (either give a man a fish or teach him how to actually do c well).

Thanks for any feedback,
Saints

charliex

Re: Need help porting AVR code to MSP430

Post by charliex »

pgmspace is specific to the avr, i don't believe you'll need such a thing with the msp430, so you can just remove all the calls for it, and do it directly instead.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”