Hardware design through schematic capture fun!

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
josheeg

Hardware design through schematic capture fun!

Post by josheeg »

Hardware design through schematic capture fun! :mrgreen:

I wondered for a wile I have a bunch of sensors they need to talk fast to the computer in a easy way.
It was not quite SPI it had a data ready pin and start pin and chip select.
hardware design through scheamtics was my answer I got xilinx's linux design tools ISE or something.
Their was a schematic entrery option so after a wile of trying to find out what some of the more advanced logic blocks were and how buses worked and buffers could be used to connect different named busses. Then I learned how to name pins.

The idea that I can make a schematic into a nice little symbol using the symbol wizard fast and easy was awsome you could be doodling schematics and make something before your own eyes.

now I am into open source design xilinx is not open source but is free but the hardware should be open source. Well gadgetfactory has a board with a xilinx chip your sch. can go into & I was thinking of remaking it in kicad after I tinker with it for a wile...

FT also makes a high speed parrellel out usb virtual com port chip that comes as a dip package if you get a dev device. ft2232h you can look up the dip version yourself.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”