Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Atmega32u4bb Kicad Schematic
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Atmega32u4bb Kicad Schematic

by kasbah on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks to Adafruit's Eagle Lib and the eagle2kicad ULP and Circuitbee's Eagle2Kicad conversion script (first for the libs second for the schematic), I converted the Atmega32u4 BB+ schematic to Kicad. I had to replace all the power symbols as they somehow showed up as their own components. I also associated all the components to the right footprints.

I am not going to place and route the PCB. Right now it is just a blob of all the components. But it should be a good starting point for people who have prototyped something using this Board (or the Teensy I guess) and who want to make their own PCB using Kicad. I packaged the whole project folder, with everything you need, in a zip.

kasbah

Re: Atmega32u4bb Kicad Schematic

by vputz on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Over a year later: you, sir, are my hero. I want you to know this. You've just saved me hours of work.
vputz

by kasbah on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks! Let me know if you find any problems. I ended up removing most of these components except for the oscillator, some caps and the programming header when I got to making my own PCB.
kasbah

by vputz on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:56 am

Coincidentally me too, as I'm powering via USB and didn't need the VR and associated circuitry... but I left a few things on I probably didn't need (that blasted 10uf cap comes to mind... I still don't really know a) why it's there and b) why you couldn't use an 0805-sized non-electrolytic cap). Still, the important part is that it worked! I'm very grateful.
vputz