Microtouch discontinued?

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mark4

Microtouch discontinued?

Post by mark4 »

I noticed the Microtouch is no longer in your product list, last I knew you expected to have some of these available for purchase soon. Has this item been discontinued or is it just taking so long to become available that its been removed from the listing "for now" ?

If it is no longer going to be available through Adafruit is there any other place where it can be purchased?

adafruit

Re: Microtouch discontinued?

Post by adafruit »

mark4 wrote:I noticed the Microtouch is no longer in your product list, last I knew you expected to have some of these available for purchase soon. Has this item been discontinued or is it just taking so long to become available that its been removed from the listing "for now" ?If it is no longer going to be available through Adafruit is there any other place where it can be purchased?
hey mark!

we're working on a revision so we took it out of stock, no ETA so for now it will remain out of stock.

thanks!
adafruit support

mark4

Post by mark4 »

YAY!

really good answer because Im working on an open source development system for AVR's and want to use this as a demo piece (and the 32u4 I already have) once I'm ready to release :)

<3

ultrasounuder

Post by ultrasounuder »

Wow!. You made my day there Ladyada as I was going to base my platform on the Microtouch and I was getting a little worried. The Microtouch is perfect for what I am thinking of making.

1. Any idea what volume pricing options might be available after the new revision is available.?

2. What volumes would You realistically expect to support?

3. What are the limitations of using the Microtouch in my commercial/open-source project. I am thinking of basing my final packaged product on the lines of Buspirate- Creative commons share alike.

Thanks

Ultrasounder

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ultrasounuder wrote:Wow!. You made my day there Ladyada as I was going to base my platform on the Microtouch and I was getting a little worried. The Microtouch is perfect for what I am thinking of making. 1. Any idea what volume pricing options might be available after the new revision is available.? 2. What volumes would You realistically expect to support? 3. What are the limitations of using the Microtouch in my commercial/open-source project. I am thinking of basing my final packaged product on the lines of Buspirate- Creative commons share alike. Thanks. Ultrasounder
no ETA and no volume pricing guesses at this time. it's an open-source hardware project so provided you stick to the open licenses there aren't any limitations.

cheers,
adafruit support

hjohnson

Post by hjohnson »

I'm sure this is under "It's not out yet, so don't ask," but any plans to add more GPIO in this revision, perchance?

--Harry

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hjohnson wrote:I'm sure this is under "It's not out yet, so don't ask,"
:)

-adafruit

Ola

Post by Ola »

Hello,
any informations about Microtouch great comeback ?

yigiter007

Post by yigiter007 »

Is there any update to micro touch DIY product? If there is, is a tutorial available for building it?

seedjar

Post by seedjar »

I just wanted to also voice my support for a Microtouch update. Looking forward to it!
~Joe

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”