atmega328P not accepting anything
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Re: atmega328P not accepting anything

by mtbf0 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 am

philipm wrote:The lilypad has a resonator on it, so doesn't use the internal oscillator. The fuse settings need to be different to enable the internal oscillator.

true enough. i was under the impression that the fuses were already set and that all that was needed was an appropriate target.
"i want to lead a dissipate existence, play scratchy records and enjoy my decline" - iggy pop, i need more
mtbf0

by smkoberg on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Hey everybody! This *should* be my last post on this subject, but if it is not, we'll have bigger fish to fry. The board was populated yesterday with the new components (capacitors and resistors) and had no issues burning the bootloader and uploading the sketch. So far, everything is running perfectly. The board has been running for over 24 hours now with no hiccups, so I'm pretty sure I'm done!
Thanks to everyone who helped out! I'll probably make one last post with a video of the final project. Thanks again
smkoberg

by philipm on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am

Grand! Is it all in time for the wedding? Would love to see a clip of the finished effect. =)
philipm

by smkoberg on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:24 am

Ok, last post on this. I swear. I originally wanted to get 20+ of these boards finished so we could put a mason jar on each table at the wedding, but unfortunately we couldn't get more than one done. So, I took what I had and stuck the board into a rectangular glass container with 5 candles in the lid and stuck them under a map at the wedding. I took a video with my phone, so the quality might not be too great, also, the sound might be a tad high, and sound isn't really needed.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out on this project. Now all I have to do is work on making it better :D

http://youtu.be/nGaAl1yEglc
smkoberg