Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Crazymaking stk500_recv() errors.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Crazymaking stk500_recv() errors.

by dwhitcombe on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 am

I have made quite a few boards (etched, drilled, and soldered) that I was able to program flawlessly with the FTDI cable I got from Adafruit.

Now, the only way I can program these boards is by either putting the Atmega328PU into an actual Arduino socket and programming them via USB or on the one or two boards where I broke out the ICSP header and program 'em with my TinyUSB.

The problem first surfaced when I upgraded the kernel of my main linux prototyping box (it's also a mailserver, and a backup webserver). When I went back to the old kernel (or just booted from it), everything worked fine.
But now I'm getting
stk500_recv() errors every time I try to program a board via the Arduino IDE using the FTDI cable and the header on my boards.

It's bonkers-making.

My FTDI cable doesn't work in windows either. I've also tried my sparkfun mini-usb->FTDI breakout board to no avail.

And I'm bonkers.

I can't program the boards via FTDI in windows, Ubuntu 9.04, 10.0?, 11.04...
Did I mention it's bonkers-making?

Here's one of the boards I can no longer program:
rebooty.jpg
rebooty.jpg (191.86 KiB) Viewed 682 times

Could both of my FTDI device be simultaneously dead? Am I bonkers?

HALP!
dwhitcombe