Fedoro installer working?

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gbelair

Fedoro installer working?

Post by gbelair »

I'm new to the world of Rasberry PI having just finally unboxed my purchase from Adafruit that I ordered last Christmas. I have followed the instructions for "lession 1" to initially load the image, but it is not booting. I am running Fedoro on a vista system and have tried loading both the Occidentalis and Rasbian images. The Fedoro software says 100% complete and no errors are reported, however the system simply wont boot.

I have noticed that the Fedoro software seems to complete the load faster than the instructions suggest (about 5 minutes). It only takes about 20 seconds to show 100% complete. Not sure if this is indicating an issue or not. Also, I'm assuming that since this is a block load onto the SD I should assume Windows Vista will not be able to display anything useful from explorer regarding capacity and usage, etc.

I must therefore assume I'm missing something obvious... Although I have repeated the steps in lesson 1 a few times now, so I don't know what that is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Fedoro installer working?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

It should definitely take a lot longer than a few minutes to create the image.

Try installing NOOBS - it will run and install directly on your Pi.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/help/noobs-setup/

gbelair

Re: Fedoro installer working?

Post by gbelair »

I got it working by installing the Win32DiskImager instead. Everything worked as expected and I'm up and running...
... and yes, it took several minues to load the image onto the SD with Win32DiskImager.

I guess Fedoro is not compatible with my Vista system....

Thanks for the feedback

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”