How to use the 9DOF with a Microchip PIC?

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Rapsodia

How to use the 9DOF with a Microchip PIC?

Post by Rapsodia »

I wanna use the 9-DOF IMU Breakout (L3GD20 + LSM303) with a PIC microcontroller from Microchip using the PICC CCS compiler but the libraries I found are for the Arduino IDE and now, I only have PIC's in my hands. Anyone did this? or know where I could find a library for this?

Or any idea to help me to create the library for this on CCS, it will be grateful.

Franklin97355

Re: How to use the 9DOF with a Microchip PIC?

Post by Franklin97355 »

The chips used on the 9dof are common chips so I would be supprised if someone in the pic community had not written code for them. Check on the pic forums or perhaps the RC flying forums.

Rapsodia

Post by Rapsodia »

Thanks for your soon reply.

Till now, I didn't found it. But I'll still searching it. Also, I already started to work in the library for CCS. I'll let you know how it works.

prottoy91

Post by prottoy91 »

this product is not compatible with pic microchip dude. this is something these people failed to mention on their product, something they should have before wasting my and everyone else's time and money. thanks a lot adafruit

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The LSM303 uses I2C to communicate with the microcontroller, and the L3GD20 supports both I2C and SPI.

PICs are more than capable of doing I2C and SPI, and from there it's all a matter of data processing. The PIC family can also do that.

If you mean code that was written for the Arduino doesn't compile transparently for the PIC, that's true. That's a far cry from saying the chips are incompatible with the PIC platform though.

As an aside: I deleted your last post because it had more foul language than content worth keeping. We have a "be excellent to each other" policy in these forums, and we don't tolerate trash-talk or platform bashing. If you have something positive and constructive to say, feel free to post it, but this is a warning: we ban people who want to act like they're posting on 4chan.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”