Setting up Arduino IDE - Gemma

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Addman

Setting up Arduino IDE - Gemma

Post by Addman »

Im trying to setup Arduino IDE, on my windows 7, so I can begin programing Gemma. I have been following the steps on https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... rduino-ide
  • I installed the Gemma driver for windows 7.
  • I add trinkethardwaresupport.zip files to Arduino in my Documents.
  • I replaced the old file with the updated file of avrdude.conf to etc folder.
  • I replaced the old file with the updated file of avr-ld.exe to bin folder.
  • set the board to adafruit Gemma 8mhz and programmer to USBtinyISP.
Then I tried to test Arduino IDE by using the example code Blink! pushed upload and all i get is:

"avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x20 != 0x00
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.
"

I can't figure out why any ideas?

SeiRruf

Re: Setting up Arduino IDE - Gemma

Post by SeiRruf »

Hello Addman, and welcome to the Adafruit forums!

I know how exciting it can be to play with new technology once you receive it, and how frustrating it can be when it doesn't always work the first time. From past experience, my advice would be to start over, and follow the tutorial again, read everything and take your time. Frustration often leads to missing a thing or two.

In the mean time, you can play with your board and test its functionality using your web browser with https://codebender.cc/ The GEMMA is already installed and conveniently ready for you to play with there :)

I have not been able to get a GEMMA myself yet, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for solutions, or for the person to solve your issue. Hang in there!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”