SHARP Memory Display and Adafruit Trinket

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NotAPotato

Re: SHARP Memory Display and Adafruit Trinket

Post by NotAPotato »

franklin97355 wrote:The display is attached to a circuit board and you would have to remove it and any backing plate to use a backlight. If you want to try be aware you would be voiding any warranty on the product. The display in the video was quite a bit bigger than the one in the shop.
really? why was it larger? also i didnt know there was warranties for Adafruit products, could you link me a page?
adafruit_support_bill wrote:I did pull one of the displays off the PC board backing. It is possible to see some light through it, but brightness and contrast are quite poor. Using a very bright 3W Cree flashlight as a 'backlight', it was still pretty dim.

These are best used as designed - as a front-lit daylight readable display.
oh well, i bet you there's a coating on it that was not on the guy's video. thanks for responding, i appreciate your help.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

really? why was it larger?
Our display is 96x96 pixels his was 400x240.

NotAPotato

Post by NotAPotato »

franklin97355 wrote:
really? why was it larger?
Our display is 96x96 pixels his was 400x240.
oh, i thought you were talking about the adafruit display, my bad.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

also i didnt know there was warranties for Adafruit products, could you link me a page?
This is what we have
https://www.adafruit.com/shippinginfo

Returns
To arrange for a return use the contact form or email [email protected]. We can only accept returns of unopened kits and products, within 30 days of receipt (for international orders, 30 days from shipment). Any returns after 30 days are in store credit only. All returns are credited as store credit upon receipt for international orders or for Paypal / Credit card orders after 30 days of payment. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs unless the product arrives damaged or defective. Please contact us before returning any package! We're reasonable people and we hope you are too! Contact us if you have any issues and we'll do our best to help you out!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”