Fluctuating output ads1115

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
harshitengineer

Fluctuating output ads1115

Post by harshitengineer »

Hi team,

I had purchased the ads 1115 for 16 bit adc so that I can read voltage changes with a precision of 0.1875 mv.

The problem I am facing is that it is giving fluctuating results, ie differential example given on your website that shows the actual differential voltage ,is showing the results with inaccuracy of 8 mv.
eg if am giving constant 1 v to the A0 and A1 pin and observing results on the serial monitor of arduino, I am getting values betweeen 0.996 to 1.008 v fluctuating. On the other hand my multimeter shows constant 1.001 volts repeatedly without any error.

I am working on projects where these mv’s are very significant .

Can you suggest me a solution to this. Or any better product you sell that can sort my problem?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Fluctuating output ads1115

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Your multimeter is taking an average of many readings over time (500mS is typical). This is effectively a low-pass noise filter. You should be able to achieve similar results using the same technique with the ADS1115. If you want to eliminate the noise at the source, you need to understand where it is coming from. A good place to start is by putting an oscilloscope on your signal and having a look at the nature of the noise.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”