Can't Upload Code to Adafruit Pro Trinket

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mepler

Re: Can't Upload Code to Adafruit Pro Trinket

Post by mepler »

I'm having the same issue. As recommended by Rick, I tried another USB port, a powered USB hub, and more than one cable. I have never uploaded any code to this Pro Trinket (5V 16Mhz) and have never seen it do the "smooth pulse" as shown in the video.

I do have soldered connections, as I am following the "Flying Toasters" tutorial. I checked those connection and everything seems to be where it should be.

The error I'm getting in the Arduino IDE (Adafruit's Arduino IDE for Trinket w/ the correct board selected) is:

Code: Select all

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
As a note, the device does not show up Tools > Serial Port. Also, after selecting the board type, the Programmer selection remains at "Arduino as ISP." I tried changing that to USBtinyISP but still didn't work.

I suppose the last resort would be to undo all of my soldering connections and try again. But I'd like to avoid that if possible on the hope that I'm missing something obvious. Thanks!

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

mepler wrote:As a note, the device does not show up Tools > Serial Port.
It won't. It's not a serial device.
mepler wrote:I have never uploaded any code to this Pro Trinket (5V 16Mhz) and have never seen it do the "smooth pulse" as shown in the video.
Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Pro Trinket

mepler

Post by mepler »

Thank you. Will do that.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”