MSP430 and nrf8001: SPI connections and signals

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
clacla

MSP430 and nrf8001: SPI connections and signals

Post by clacla »

Hi,

Recently I managed to connect an external circuit to Arduino that is able to read an analog voltage and sent its "ASCII version"it to the UART app via the nrf8001 module and everything works.
Now I want to replace Arduino with a MSP430f1611 that does the same thing and is connected via "modified" SPI to the nrf8001. I was trying to find a datasheet of the product but I can't find it (I found only this one http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Products/ ... gy/nRF8001 but I don't know if it's same).
My main concern is about the SPI signals. Is REQ pin active low or not? Is the RESET pin active low or not?
And what about RDY? It's an interrupt signal since it's written that it has to be connected to an interrupt capable pin on the microcontroller and as far as I understood this signal is active (LOW or HIGH I don't know and that's my problem) when it's receiving the data from the Microcontroller and it's disabled once the transaction is over. Maybe I am wrong but if it's an interrupt signal the Microcontroller should not send any data after receiving it.
Moreover I was looking at the example of connection (getting started on this website), the SPI.h library and the adafruit_BLE_uart.h library but I can't find where this signals are set and how they are controlled (when they are set HIGH or LOW for example) so that I can implement that sketch in my microcontroller.
Sorry for the question that may be a bit confusing.

Claudio

ecekat

Re: MSP430 and nrf8001: SPI connections and signals

Post by ecekat »

hello claudio,

u mean the msp430 of texas instruments?if yes, i am using the tiva mcus to read imu's gyros with spi interface.if this is the case please be more specific to what exactly you want.

good luck!

clacla

Re: MSP430 and nrf8001: SPI connections and signals

Post by clacla »

Hi ecekat,

Thanks for the answer.
I basically have to read an analog voltage from a potentiometer. Send this data over the SPI interface from my msp430f1611 to the bluetooth module and from here to the App nrf 2.0 on my android phone.
I found a msp430 minimal port map here (https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/question ... st-id-3742) but I am not sure it's "included" in this code also the transfer of the data from the bluetooth module to the App on my phone or it's only for sending data from the microcontroller to the bluetooth and it stops there without being sent to the Phone (I have the app on my android phone).
Do you have any clue?

Thanks.
Claudio

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”