Pro Trinket 5v - Not Working

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
njenkins

Pro Trinket 5v - Not Working

Post by njenkins »

I bought an Adafruit Pro Trinket - 5V 16MHz[ID:2000] and a USB cable - A/MicroB (3ft) [ID:592] for uploading code.
I am using the Adafruit Arduino 1.0.5 IDE.

I plugged the cable into the Trinket Pro and the other end into the computer. I do not get any lights on the Trinket Pro. From watching tutorials and videos, I had expected to get a green light and a pulsating red light for roughly 10 seconds. I've also tried plugging the Trinket Pro into a 5v - 1A power supply with both the purchased cable and another cable. No lights. No response following press and release reset button as well.

The Trinket Pro also does not show up in my USB Device Tree the way my Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 5V Logic[ID:1501] does (No Issues, works like a charm). I've added a screen capture of the MacBook's Device Tree showing its connection with the smaller device (I did not post a photo of the Trinket Pro on the device tree as it never popped up). I've also added a photo of the lit up 5v Trinket to show what I had expected the lights to kind of look like coming from the unresponsive Trinket Pro.

I'm aware that both the Trinket and the Trinket Pro are to be programmed using the IDE with a USBtinyISP. I just haven't been able to get that far with the "Pro."
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 8.26.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 8.26.37 AM.png (43.13 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
No Lights. Sadness.
No Lights. Sadness.
IMG_4251-1.JPG (66.69 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
Plugged into computer. Not detected.
Plugged into computer. Not detected.
IMG_4254-1.JPG (79.1 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

njenkins

Re: Pro Trinket 5v - Not Working

Post by njenkins »

The working Trinket photo (as promised).

Works like a charm! If I could just get him to convince his "big sister" to drink the kool-aid.
Attachments
IMG_4252-1.JPG
IMG_4252-1.JPG (71.44 KiB) Viewed 1156 times

njenkins

Post by njenkins »

Front and Back of Trinket Pro.
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (77.69 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 1156 times

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If you aren't even getting a power LED, it sounds like something is wrong at the hardware level.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a new Pro Trinket.

njenkins

Post by njenkins »

Received the Replacement Pro Trinket in the Mail today. WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!! (Pulsing blink while it begs for some programming, Recognized by the computer in the device tree as existing).

Thank you for such a speedy resolution to my problem!!!

NJ

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”